Vinegar Pregnancy Test is one of the traditional homemade pregnancy test used by women in old times. Today we will talk about this in detail. Vinegar is the easiest available ingredient which is available in every kitchen. The acidic quality of vinegar helps in detecting the increased hCG level in the urine of pregnant women.
Vinegar homemade Pregnancy test can be conducted in the comfort of the home. In the case of an emergency when you step out to the pharmacy you can use this easily available to know the status of your pregnancy.
Vinegar Pregnancy Test
There are 2 types of Vinegar Pregnancy test one is traditional vinegar and the other is Tuna oil vinegar test.
- Plain Vinegar pregnancy test uses basic vinegar and indicates the result through the color change.
- Tuna oil Pregnancy test uses both Tuna oil and basic vinegar and indicates different results through variation in color.
Things You Need to Conduct Vinegar Pregnancy Test
- Basic Plain Vinegar – avoid using flavored vinegar like apple cider. Make sure that you use plain vinegar which is white in color and does not have a shade of any other color.
- White Vinegar will give you an Accurate
- Two Plastic Containers – make sure they are washed properly. Transparent bowls are the preferred option for the test as they will clearly show you the color change.
- A White Base – can be a white paper sheet, plastic sheet, or white cloth. All this white background will help you read the text clearly
- A clean and sterilized stirrer.
- Most importantly morning urine sample– In case you are pregnant, the first urine of the day has an increased amount of hCG in it, which makes it easy to get an accurate result from the test.
Steps To Take Vinegar Pregnancy Test
After you have everything required to take the test. Go through the below instructions carefully and conduct your test accordingly.
- Collect morning urine sample in a clean container and put it aside.
- In another container pour white vinegar to fill it up to half.
- Now add urine to the bowl with vinegar, don’t splatter it pour it gently.
- The moment your mixture is half water and half urine stop adding any more of either urine or vinegar
- Stir the mixture with a clean stirrer
- Leave the mixture still and don’t leave it unattended.
- Place your mixture on the plain white sheet
- Now observe it for any changes
How to Interpret Homemade Vinegar Pregnancy Test?
The vinegar mixture indicates results through color change. It is important to be vigilant and observant about the result so that you should not miss anything.
- If the mixture turns into orangish color it means that the result is negative and that you are not pregnant
- If the mixture turns into greenish color it indicates that your result is positive and that you are pregnant.
- In case there is no color reaction and you see froth we recommend you to take the test again being more careful.
The mechanism on which Vinegar Pregnancy Test Works
- The formula of Vinegar consists of chemically acetic acid and it is diluted concentration. The acid in the mixture responds to the proteins present in the hormone hCG.
- Vinegar pregnancy test accuracy depends on the amount of vinegar added to the mixture.
- Sometimes it becomes difficult to equalize the amount of vinegar and urine.
- You might end up doing this test multiple times to get an accurate result.
Now, let us talk about the pros and cons of the Vinegar Pregnancy test
- Homemade vinegar pregnancy testing is convenient to conduct.
- It is free of cost until you especially have to go and have to buy plain vinegar.
- It can be repeated multiple times in case you are not sure about the result.
- You are the only person who knows the result till the time you want to share it with anybody.
- It can be conducted anytime in urgency.
- It does not involve any harmful chemicals or fumes
- It can only be conducted in the white
- It is hard to measure the ratio of vinegar to be mixed with urine.
- It is hard to observe the color change, you have to be vigilant all the time.
- It might give you a false result and you might have to repeat it again.
When to make a homemade vinegar pregnancy test?
Any homemade pregnancy test including a vinegar homemade pregnancy test can be taken when you started feeling early signs of pregnancy. If no signs then most importantly if you have had unprotected sex and have missed your period after that it is inevitable to take a pregnancy test.
Early Signs of Pregnancy – Vinegar Pregnancy Test
- Delayed mensuration cycle.
- Painful abdomen cramps
- A frequent headache
- Early morning sickness or nausea
- Feeling bloated, heavy, or constipated
Vinegar Pregnancy Test, no matter what result it shows, can never confirm your pregnancy status. It is just the primary result test to calm down your excitement. In case of doubt and constant symptoms, we advise you to visit a doctor. You can also go for a lab test to determine your pregnancy.
Don’t just depend on the homemade pregnancy test alone. Take care of your health and stay safe. In case you have ever experienced taking this test you can share your experience helping other women around the world in the same situation.
You can always ask us queries related to the test in the comment section below.