How to Lose Belly Fat for 12 Year Olds – Weight issues in kids are one of the biggest concerns all over the world and it’s led to the rise in childhood diabetes, cholesterol, osteoporosis, fatty liver, asthma, heart ailments, and much more. These diseases which are mainly seen int he adulthood appear during childhood and obese kids are also prone to bullying, body-image anxiety, insecurities, and depression as well.
Weight loss in kids will be done with the proper care and caution and the parents need to create a safe and sensitive weight loss plan by consulting with their pediatrician and dietician or nutritionist. It is due to a random weight loss plan that may hamper the kid’s nutrition, growth, and stress level.
How to Lose Belly Fat for 12 Year Olds
Also, what works for the adults doesn’t work for the kids as their body is in a developing state.
How to Identify Weight Problems in Kids
Understanding that your kid is having weight issues is one of the very first steps to creating a proper plan, it is really important as kids grow at a different pace and it is really good to consult with your pediatrician to simply check out the kid’s body mass index which is also known as BMI which simply measure their weight as per their heights, gender, and age. Here we are sharing a quick guide about what percentile of BMI will indicate that your kid is having weight issues,
- BMI between the 5th to 84th percentile is really healthy.
- If your BMI falls between 85th to 94th percentile then you are overweight.
- Also, if your BMI falls at the 95th percentile or above then you are obsessed.
How to Lose Belly Fat for 12 Year Olds – Best Tips
Your pediatrician will provide your kids with advice about how to lose weight as a kid. You can draw up a personalized plan which suits your kid and here are the best 10 recommendations that you can simply check out.
You must not eliminate the calories from the diet of your kid at random as they give energy and also the other required health benefits. You are required to know how many calories your kid needs for proper growth and anything more than that will simply hinder the weight loss. The number of calories that a child needs will vary as per age, and gender. BMI, activity, and much more. Don’t take stress on your child by daily weight checks at your home as it will deviate on a daily basis which is quite natural.
Try Now: Best Calorie Counter Apps for iPhone
The Glycemic index is the ability of carbohydrates to raise blood glucose which is referred to as Gi. Studies suggest that the low-glycerine food will keep one longer as it will take the time to simply digest or to get digested at a low pace and the blood sugar also stays stable. They are also having more fiber and also they are less refined and less processed.
You don’t need to eliminate the carbs completely from your kid’s diet and you have to select the low or medium glycerine carbs such as broccoli, carrots, apples, berries, beans, nuts, peanuts butter, yogurt with honey, and fruits, milk, cheese, pineapple, sweet potatoes, banana, dried fruit, pasta, high-fiber cereal, brown rice, and ice cream. You also have to avoid the high-glycerine carbs such as corn, potatoes, white rice, french fries, chips, juice, jam, sweet, frozen yogurt, bread, pancakes, waffles, pizza, popcorn, instant oats, and refined forms like maida.
More Fruits, Veggies
You can be able to add more vegetables and also more fruits in several colors into your kid’s diet. Simply serve the whole fruits as compared to the fruit juices and it is because the juice is having less fiber as compared to the whole fruit as it will lose its fiber content and addition the sugar if done and add more calories, while whole fruits which are more filling and fiber-rich which is really good for digestion. Not all fruits and veggies are good for weight loss and some of them have high glycemic content which we have discussed in the above point.
Make sure to allow the kid to drink juice and energy drinks and cold or soft drinks, soda, and much more when they are thirsty as they will add up to their weight gain and the best third-quencher is water.
Kids need 9 to 11 hours of sleep and teenagers need 8 to 10 hours of sleep. Early and good sleep is highly required for proper growth and for metabolism which mainly helps them to maintain the weight of their body.
Minimize, Sugar and Salt
Minimize the high sugar content of foods like candies, sweeteners, breakfast cereals, flavored drinks and yogurt, sweetened beverages, fruit juice, soda drinks, and much more. You need to settle for low-sugar substitutes such as homemade fruit puree, fruit ice pops, cookies, pizzas, sandwiches made of the whole-wheat, fruit salads, and much more. Even salts are required to be minimized and the sodium content of salt will make the body retain water and bloat up also avoid table salt and canned and frozen food which are having high sodium.
Experts suggest that the protein stimulates the growth hormone of the body which simply helps your body to break down the excess fat in the energy. It is also filling and serves eggs, plant protein like pulses and legumes, fish, and lean meat like a chicken. You need to go for low-fat yogurt, butter, cheese, non-processed cheese, margarine, and much more for milk protein.
You need to avoid the long gaps between the meals as an empty stomach for the long hours may lead you to gorge at the time of meals. Studies suggest that three small meals and also two small snacks daily are really good.
Exercise or do some sports activity for a minimum of 60 minutes daily is suggested. You need to start with 15-20 minutes daily and it will increase the duration and make it entertaining by simply including the child’s peers or by organizing dance and music sessions, running with a pet dog, or a family session of swimming and much more. It will simply encourage your child to take part and some of the good exercises for weight loss your kids are as follows:
- Any kind of sports after school
Understand Fat Facts
All the fats are not harmful and healthy fats are really required by your body to simply create the cell membranes. Eliminating the fat at random will impact your kid’s immune system and nervous system and complete health as well. They are also required to consume fats like unsaturated oils, salmon, anchovy, almonds, scenes of sesame, pumpkin, and flax, and much more. Also, the fast slow down digestion and also keeps the stomach full for a long time.
Dos and Don’ts [How to Lose Belly Fat for 12 Year Olds]
There are some things that you are required to keep in your mind during your kid’s weight loss.
- Inculcate habits like daily exercises, not binging or the unhealthy foods, and also not eating meals at the time of watching Tv to simply avoid overeating.
- Studies suggest that less sugar will increase the stress hormone and also make the kid cranky. Simply reward the child for the weight loss achievements like a movie show, a toy, and much more. Don’t reward them with their favorite food.
- You need to add errands into their daily schedule and simply encourage them to take the stairs as compared to the lift and walk to the nearby kid’s activity zone as compared to taking the car and much more. You need to make the activities fun with boot camps, nature walks, and much more.
- You have to reduce the food portions and don’t eliminate the meals. Researchers suggest that it is not what you eat but the quantity that matters when you are trying to lose weight.
- You need to substitute unhealthy foods with healthy homemade snacks such as sprouts, salads, baked papad, ragi dosa, grilled chicken strips, makhanas, and much more.
- Sliced and diced carrots, cucumber, grapes, strawberries, watermelon, and much more can be healthy food.
- Don’t make unrealistic plans and if your child likes eating something which is against the weight loss plan then don’t eliminate it completely. It may stress the kid and add to his weight and do it gradually and also you have to set an attainable weight loss goal. The good recommendation rate is one pound of weight loss per week.
- Don’t allow the kids to watch TV, play video games, and couch around for long hours. Generally, restrict it to one or two hours in a day.
- Don’t make the kids on a diet and work as a team that includes family and friends. You can simply stick to the foods which are beneficial for you and set an example for the kid to simply keep him motivated. You can simply organize a birthday party with healthy snacks and simply set the trend.
- Don’t give up and tell your kid the things which won’t change overnight.
- Also, don’t rush and don’t go or the fast track weight loss program. It will do more harm as compared to benefit.
What Are The Dangers of Fast Weight Loss For Kids?
To start with, approach the subject of weight loss with the proper care and sensitivity and it will be an open dialogue that addresses the weight-related concerns and the insecurities of the kid. It is seen that lots of kids like girls try to experiment with weight loss on their own. It is unscientific and harmful as well. You must check out them and simply educate them as well.
Make sure that your kid is having some underlying health condition that causes weight gain such as Cushing’s syndrome, hypothyroidism, medication side effects, and much more. You need to consult with your pediatrician before you start their weight loss program after reading this guide on “How to Lose Belly Fat for 12 Year Olds”.